With his first album since ‘07’s None Shall Pass two months from release, underground icon Aesop Rock returns to our pages with the lead single off the project. Originally released to the ‘net for free download in April, the record finds Ian Matthias Bavitz handling both production and mic duties, weaving a characteristically intricate lyrical web over his own moody, arpeggiated-synth beat. Isaac Ravishankara directs the official visuals, which debuted this morning on MTV2. Skelethon is scheduled for release July 10, via Fifth Element, but those who pre-order now will receive a limited-edition T-Shirt and a special Aesop Rock mix by DJ Shazam Bangles.
Written by richard on 05/1/12
Five years after his last album None Shall Pass, Aesop Rock has united with Rhymesayers Ent. for the release of Skelethon. The 15 track albums features singles ZZZ Top and Zero Dark Thirty with guest appearances from Kimya...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Woodchip Grinder (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)