David von Mering and Carter Schultz of Boston-based pop duo Aer live by a single rule, and that is that there are no rules. To quote their latest single, “It’s Whatever We Want.” That philosophy may sound a little self-centered, but I can’t knock it; after all, it’s led to the creation of a whole lot of quality music—this jam included. Here, von Mering’s sinuous guitar riffs and head-noddable hip-hop percussion accompany him and his partner as they flaunt their lack of concern for punctuality, property rights and the rules of fashion. Jakob Owens directs the joint’s dynamic visual accompaniment. This devil-may-care jam can be found on Aer’s self-titled studio album, available now for streaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Floats My Boat " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.