David von Mering and Carter Schultz of Boston-based pop duo Aer live by a single rule, and that is that there are no rules. To quote their latest single, “It’s Whatever We Want.” That philosophy may sound a little self-centered, but I can’t knock it; after all, it’s led to the creation of a whole lot of quality music—this jam included. Here, von Mering’s sinuous guitar riffs and head-noddable hip-hop percussion accompany him and his partner as they flaunt their lack of concern for punctuality, property rights and the rules of fashion. Jakob Owens directs the joint’s dynamic visual accompaniment. This devil-may-care jam can be found on Aer’s self-titled studio album, available now for streaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/8/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Floats My Boat " (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)