As evidenced by their sunny sound and the activities depicted in previously-featured videos, Boston duo Aer thrive in warm weather. So it should come as on surprise that, just as things are beginning to thaw out nationwide, David von Mering and Carter Shultz have resurfaced with their first original jam since the summer 2012 release of sophomore album The Bright Side. Single numero uno off their next project, Take It Wrong is the perfect soundtrack for the balmy spring days ahead. Over his partner’s leisurely, reggae-tinged production, Shultz describes his efforts to shake off bad memories and enjoy what what the present has to offer: “I’m living new experiences, I’m tense only when I think about it.” Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on the New England buzzmakers’ Strangers EP, due out digitally on Tuesday, March 19.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view AER’s Matt Miggz-directed Take It Wrong visual.
Written by richard on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Floats My Boat " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.