On New Year’s Eve, I witnessed a woman get in a fight and then try to light the wrong end of a cigarette just before throwing up on the sidewalk. Moral of the story? Being drunk only leads to trouble. If you don’t want to take it from me, take it from Aer. On Says She Loves Me, the eclectic duo wrestle with their feelings for a feline who is only interested when she’s intoxicated. Although the scenario seems like a problem (and it probably is), the duo couldn’t be more upbeat about the situation. Their fun lyrics combined with the production’s intoxicating, catchy blend of pop, rap and rock (fused seamlessly by Cisco Adler) make Says She Loves Me more of a carefree party cut rather than mopey love ballad. The single is slated to appear on Aer’s self-titled album, which is due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Floats My Boat " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.