On New Year’s Eve, I witnessed a woman get in a fight and then try to light the wrong end of a cigarette just before throwing up on the sidewalk. Moral of the story? Being drunk only leads to trouble. If you don’t want to take it from me, take it from Aer. On Says She Loves Me, the eclectic duo wrestle with their feelings for a feline who is only interested when she’s intoxicated. Although the scenario seems like a problem (and it probably is), the duo couldn’t be more upbeat about the situation. Their fun lyrics combined with the production’s intoxicating, catchy blend of pop, rap and rock (fused seamlessly by Cisco Adler) make Says She Loves Me more of a carefree party cut rather than mopey love ballad. The single is slated to appear on Aer’s self-titled album, which is due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Floats My Boat " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.