Though plenty of hip-hop vets have stepped up to the mic to denounce the current state of the genre, most have limited their criticisms to metaphors and generalities—until now. Masta Ace and EDO. G, two Northeastern greats who recently joined forces as A&E, aren’t afraid to name (lots of) names, and on this newly-leaked track of their forthcoming debut LP they do just that; over M-Phazes’ piano-driven boardwork, the seasoned emcees tell all the “Little Young” rappers currently dominating the mainstream to get off hip-hop’s neatly-manicured lawn, or else! Older heads will undoubtedly appreciate the message the collaborators bring to this track, but even a young whippersnapper like myself can’t deny Ace and EDO’s sharp-as-ever skills on the mic (and they do have a point about the surplus of unimaginative stage names). Whether you’ve been around since hip-hop’s's inception or you’re simply old at heart, you won’t want to miss the time-tested lyrical fire these two will bring on their Arts & Entertainment LP, due out October 6th.
Written by richard on 08/12/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.