Last we heard from buzzmaking emcee/singer/songwriter Adrienne Mack-Davis, she had left her native Rochester behind to visit beatsmith Mike Fresh‘s cabin in the hills of Massachusetts, where they worked together on the inaugural entry in the latter’s Control Natural EP series (featuring reader-acclaimed cut All Good). Their collaboration was such a success that Mack-Davis has tapped Fresh to produce Push, the latest single off her forthcoming solo tape. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this emotionally-fraught selection follows the singer as she navigates the twists and turns of an on-again, off-again relationship. The aforementioned producer backs her vocals with a pensive, yet driving blend of keys, percussion and atmospheric guitar riffs. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh cuts leading up to the August arrival of new street album CirclesandLines.
Written by richard on 05/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Echo Back" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.