Last we heard from buzzmaking emcee/singer/songwriter Adrienne Mack-Davis, she had left her native Rochester behind to visit beatsmith Mike Fresh‘s cabin in the hills of Massachusetts, where they worked together on the inaugural entry in the latter’s Control Natural EP series (featuring reader-acclaimed cut All Good). Their collaboration was such a success that Mack-Davis has tapped Fresh to produce Push, the latest single off her forthcoming solo tape. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this emotionally-fraught selection follows the singer as she navigates the twists and turns of an on-again, off-again relationship. The aforementioned producer backs her vocals with a pensive, yet driving blend of keys, percussion and atmospheric guitar riffs. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh cuts leading up to the August arrival of new street album CirclesandLines.
Written by richard on 05/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Echo Back" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.