Last we heard from buzzmaking emcee/singer/songwriter Adrienne Mack-Davis, she had left her native Rochester behind to visit beatsmith Mike Fresh‘s cabin in the hills of Massachusetts, where they worked together on the inaugural entry in the latter’s Control Natural EP series (featuring reader-acclaimed cut All Good). Their collaboration was such a success that Mack-Davis has tapped Fresh to produce Push, the latest single off her forthcoming solo tape. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this emotionally-fraught selection follows the singer as she navigates the twists and turns of an on-again, off-again relationship. The aforementioned producer backs her vocals with a pensive, yet driving blend of keys, percussion and atmospheric guitar riffs. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh cuts leading up to the August arrival of new street album CirclesandLines.
Written by richard on 05/28/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Echo Back" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)