Like Leonardo DiCaprio with his top and Joseph Gordon-Levitt with his loaded dice, Booth newcomer Adrienne Mack-Davis has developed her very own method of determining whether what she’s experiencing is real or just a dream: as the up-and-coming singer/emcee explains in her latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), real words always Echo Back. Of course, keeping oneself firmly grounded in reality often means facing up to some uncomfortable truths – in this case, the fact that the man she loves is no longer by her side. Over Spills lush, electronically-accented string/brass production, the Rochester, N.Y. representative laments that, determined as she may be to move on with her life, she still can’t get a certain fella out of her head; in the process, she showcases both strong vocal chops and (in her rapped verse) a vividly poetic lyrical sensibility. As poignant as it is relatable, Echo Back is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Adrienne Mack-Davis’ forthcoming Fighting for Futures Presents: For the Love street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net February 15.
Written by richard on 02/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sight For Sore Eyes" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.