Like Leonardo DiCaprio with his top and Joseph Gordon-Levitt with his loaded dice, Booth newcomer Adrienne Mack-Davis has developed her very own method of determining whether what she’s experiencing is real or just a dream: as the up-and-coming singer/emcee explains in her latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), real words always Echo Back. Of course, keeping oneself firmly grounded in reality often means facing up to some uncomfortable truths – in this case, the fact that the man she loves is no longer by her side. Over Spills lush, electronically-accented string/brass production, the Rochester, N.Y. representative laments that, determined as she may be to move on with her life, she still can’t get a certain fella out of her head; in the process, she showcases both strong vocal chops and (in her rapped verse) a vividly poetic lyrical sensibility. As poignant as it is relatable, Echo Back is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Adrienne Mack-Davis’ forthcoming Fighting for Futures Presents: For the Love street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net February 15.
Written by richard on 02/1/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sight For Sore Eyes" (2012)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.