Like Leonardo DiCaprio with his top and Joseph Gordon-Levitt with his loaded dice, Booth newcomer Adrienne Mack-Davis has developed her very own method of determining whether what she’s experiencing is real or just a dream: as the up-and-coming singer/emcee explains in her latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), real words always Echo Back. Of course, keeping oneself firmly grounded in reality often means facing up to some uncomfortable truths – in this case, the fact that the man she loves is no longer by her side. Over Spills lush, electronically-accented string/brass production, the Rochester, N.Y. representative laments that, determined as she may be to move on with her life, she still can’t get a certain fella out of her head; in the process, she showcases both strong vocal chops and (in her rapped verse) a vividly poetic lyrical sensibility. As poignant as it is relatable, Echo Back is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Adrienne Mack-Davis’ forthcoming Fighting for Futures Presents: For the Love street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net February 15.
Written by richard on 02/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sight For Sore Eyes" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.