Some songs seem perfect at the time of their initial release, but looking back its always astounding to think how popular they became (the Macarena and Crank Dat Souljah Boy come to mind). However, when someone makes a truly great song it is Timeless. The latest example of this mastery comes in the form of a video single from Booth favorite Adrian Marcel, whose Martin Estevez-directed visuals perfectly encapsulate the song’s vibe. Thanks to a black and white contrast, they are simple yet striking. So too, though, is Adrian’s style. His vocals glide over the whirring, airy production of Pheonix, before a few smooth rapped bars are added for good measure. There aren’t a lot of bells and whistles, but the understated performance is both refreshing and substantive. Fans of Timeless are encouraged to download the Bay Area native’s latest album, 7 Days of Weak, released for free this past April and available at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Awkward Moment" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)