Don’t pop that Molly (Woo!) just yet. Despite sharing its name with the trendy party drug, Adrian Marcel‘s latest promo single feels less like the exhilarating rush of MDMA than the inevitable comedown. Over Beatroc & Fatboi‘s hazy, almost soporific synth production, the L7/Universal Republic pines after a woman whose absence leaves him utterly helpless. In addition to the headliner’s mournful, falsetto-laced vocals, this joint boasts guest rhymes by Golden State emcee Clyde Carson. This cut is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it are highly encouraged to check out Marcel’s 7 Days of Weak mixtape, released in April and available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Awkward Moment" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)