Don’t pop that Molly (Woo!) just yet. Despite sharing its name with the trendy party drug, Adrian Marcel‘s latest promo single feels less like the exhilarating rush of MDMA than the inevitable comedown. Over Beatroc & Fatboi‘s hazy, almost soporific synth production, the L7/Universal Republic pines after a woman whose absence leaves him utterly helpless. In addition to the headliner’s mournful, falsetto-laced vocals, this joint boasts guest rhymes by Golden State emcee Clyde Carson. This cut is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it are highly encouraged to check out Marcel’s 7 Days of Weak mixtape, released in April and available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Awkward Moment" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.