Though Adrian Marcel‘s hustle has earned earned him a spot on the L7/Universal Republic roster, he’s not about to let his rising status in the game change him. On I’m Still, the latest single off his forthcoming street album, the Oakland-born, ATL-based singer assures his friends and loved ones that he is now, and ever shall be the same man he was before he cut his first record. Of course, now that he’s got on, he has to deal with people treating him differently… Marcel’s soulful reflections on fame’s complexities come backed by the low-key, guitar-laced production of JR Beats. Scoche Rich and Astro Puff co-direct the official video, co-starring Marcel’s mentor, R&B vet Raphael Saadiq. This record will be featured, along with inaugural song release Waiting and many more quality cuts, on Marcel’s 7 Days of Weak street album, due out digitally April 24.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Awkward Moment" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.