Though Adrian Marcel‘s hustle has earned earned him a spot on the L7/Universal Republic roster, he’s not about to let his rising status in the game change him. On I’m Still, the latest single off his forthcoming street album, the Oakland-born, ATL-based singer assures his friends and loved ones that he is now, and ever shall be the same man he was before he cut his first record. Of course, now that he’s got on, he has to deal with people treating him differently… Marcel’s soulful reflections on fame’s complexities come backed by the low-key, guitar-laced production of JR Beats. Scoche Rich and Astro Puff co-direct the official video, co-starring Marcel’s mentor, R&B vet Raphael Saadiq. This record will be featured, along with inaugural song release Waiting and many more quality cuts, on Marcel’s 7 Days of Weak street album, due out digitally April 24.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Awkward Moment" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)