Though Adrian Marcel‘s hustle has earned earned him a spot on the L7/Universal Republic roster, he’s not about to let his rising status in the game change him. On I’m Still, the latest single off his forthcoming street album, the Oakland-born, ATL-based singer assures his friends and loved ones that he is now, and ever shall be the same man he was before he cut his first record. Of course, now that he’s got on, he has to deal with people treating him differently… Marcel’s soulful reflections on fame’s complexities come backed by the low-key, guitar-laced production of JR Beats. Scoche Rich and Astro Puff co-direct the official video, co-starring Marcel’s mentor, R&B vet Raphael Saadiq. This record will be featured, along with inaugural song release Waiting and many more quality cuts, on Marcel’s 7 Days of Weak street album, due out digitally April 24.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Awkward Moment" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.