I don’t know if I’d describe your girl sleeping with your best friend as “awkward”, more like “oh hell no”, but Adrian Marcel is clearly a more sensitive soul than I am. For his first The DJBooth feature the Universal Republic crooner delves into the Awkward Moments surrounding a relationship gone astray thanks to his girl’s infidelities. Marcel’s smoothly crooner story take place over a minimalistic and catchy beat from producer Fat Boi that was so catchy it even prompted Ma$e to step out of his semi-retirement for a solid, equally heartbroken verse. For more tales of love, lust and loss from Adrian be sure to keep an ear out for his upcoming LOVE AWOL project, which is still awaiting a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"5 Minutes (Love You Down)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.