Ladies, take heed; Adrian Marcel works fast. On his latest single, the singer/songwriter who brought us Awkward Moment boasts that you need only give him 5 Minutes to Love You Down, and you’ll never want to be with another man again. (Which isn’t to say he couldn’t stretch the process out for longer, if you so desired.) Producer K-Pan cooks up an appropriately steamy instrumental to back the artist as he celebrates his efficiency in the bedroom, layering smoldering synths over a leisurely, reverb-soaked percussion rhythm. Does this burner whet your appetite for more smoothness? You’ll find what you seek on free mixtape Just Being Honest, scheduled to drop in September. Additionally, keep it locked for the latest on Marcel’s currently-untitled Universal Republic debut album, due out sometime in 2013.
Written by richard on 10/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Awkward Moment" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.