Grinding your way to success in the music industry can be stressful, but Adrian Lau ain’t sweating it. As he informed us on his debut DJBooth feature, it’s All a Game to him. On his latest single, released along with visuals by Antodope, the Brooklyn-based rapper and producer takes a similarly laissez-faire perspective on the hustle, assuring us he’s got everything Under Control. Though calm and collected, his bars reflect a intense investment in the craft of rhyming. Surf School label boss Harry Fraud sets an appropriately mellow, yet driving mood behind the boards, punctuating a deliberate rhythm section with hazy organ licks. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on the artist’s Projection LP, available for free digital download as of February.
Written by richard on 05/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.