This hip-hop sh*t may be All a Game to Adrian Lau, but the emcee/producer’s skills are as serious as a heart attack. On his debut feature, a freshly-released single off his forthcoming mixtape, the Brooklyn repper displays both his laissez-faire outlook on industry bullsh*t and an unmistakable dedication to his craft. Over his own effortlessly catchy production, built around a bluesy vocal sample, he makes clear that he tolerates the tedious politicking and self-promotion out of sheer passion for rocking the mic. That no-nonsense philosophy is sure to score him points in the Booth—right, readers? If you like what you’re hearing, you can look forward to more bangers on the artist’s LUCID street album, dropping digitally before month’s end.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Under Control" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.