This hip-hop sh*t may be All a Game to Adrian Lau, but the emcee/producer’s skills are as serious as a heart attack. On his debut feature, a freshly-released single off his forthcoming mixtape, the Brooklyn repper displays both his laissez-faire outlook on industry bullsh*t and an unmistakable dedication to his craft. Over his own effortlessly catchy production, built around a bluesy vocal sample, he makes clear that he tolerates the tedious politicking and self-promotion out of sheer passion for rocking the mic. That no-nonsense philosophy is sure to score him points in the Booth—right, readers? If you like what you’re hearing, you can look forward to more bangers on the artist’s LUCID street album, dropping digitally before month’s end.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Under Control" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.