This hip-hop sh*t may be All a Game to Adrian Lau, but the emcee/producer’s skills are as serious as a heart attack. On his debut feature, a freshly-released single off his forthcoming mixtape, the Brooklyn repper displays both his laissez-faire outlook on industry bullsh*t and an unmistakable dedication to his craft. Over his own effortlessly catchy production, built around a bluesy vocal sample, he makes clear that he tolerates the tedious politicking and self-promotion out of sheer passion for rocking the mic. That no-nonsense philosophy is sure to score him points in the Booth—right, readers? If you like what you’re hearing, you can look forward to more bangers on the artist’s LUCID street album, dropping digitally before month’s end.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Under Control" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.