This hip-hop sh*t may be All a Game to Adrian Lau, but the emcee/producer’s skills are as serious as a heart attack. On his debut feature, a freshly-released single off his forthcoming mixtape, the Brooklyn repper displays both his laissez-faire outlook on industry bullsh*t and an unmistakable dedication to his craft. Over his own effortlessly catchy production, built around a bluesy vocal sample, he makes clear that he tolerates the tedious politicking and self-promotion out of sheer passion for rocking the mic. That no-nonsense philosophy is sure to score him points in the Booth—right, readers? If you like what you’re hearing, you can look forward to more bangers on the artist’s LUCID street album, dropping digitally before month’s end.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Under Control" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.