As long as systemic racism has existed, internal divisions have prevented oppressed communities from presenting a unified front against injustice. On his latest single and solo Booth debut (he was previously featured as a guest on several joints by Mike Beatz), producer Adonis calls on his people to set aside differences in skin tone and national origin and recognize that “We Are One.” The headliner serves up a thematically-apropos flip of Curtis Mayfield’s We the People Who Are Darker Than Blue to back project collaborator Killah Trakz’ heartfelt plea sfor solidarity, as well as reader fave REKS’ historically-inspired guest bars. In addition to being part of his forthcoming Video Game Music tape, this uplifting jam is set to appear on a currently-untitled project by Trakz. Fans can keep it locked for release details on both of the forthcoming, as yet-unscheduled sets.
Written by richard on 04/21/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)