As long as systemic racism has existed, internal divisions have prevented oppressed communities from presenting a unified front against injustice. On his latest single and solo Booth debut (he was previously featured as a guest on several joints by Mike Beatz), producer Adonis calls on his people to set aside differences in skin tone and national origin and recognize that “We Are One.” The headliner serves up a thematically-apropos flip of Curtis Mayfield’s We the People Who Are Darker Than Blue to back project collaborator Killah Trakz’ heartfelt plea sfor solidarity, as well as reader fave REKS’ historically-inspired guest bars. In addition to being part of his forthcoming Video Game Music tape, this uplifting jam is set to appear on a currently-untitled project by Trakz. Fans can keep it locked for release details on both of the forthcoming, as yet-unscheduled sets.
Written by richard on 04/21/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.