As long as systemic racism has existed, internal divisions have prevented oppressed communities from presenting a unified front against injustice. On his latest single and solo Booth debut (he was previously featured as a guest on several joints by Mike Beatz), producer Adonis calls on his people to set aside differences in skin tone and national origin and recognize that “We Are One.” The headliner serves up a thematically-apropos flip of Curtis Mayfield’s We the People Who Are Darker Than Blue to back project collaborator Killah Trakz’ heartfelt plea sfor solidarity, as well as reader fave REKS’ historically-inspired guest bars. In addition to being part of his forthcoming Video Game Music tape, this uplifting jam is set to appear on a currently-untitled project by Trakz. Fans can keep it locked for release details on both of the forthcoming, as yet-unscheduled sets.
Written by richard on 04/21/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)