As long as systemic racism has existed, internal divisions have prevented oppressed communities from presenting a unified front against injustice. On his latest single and solo Booth debut (he was previously featured as a guest on several joints by Mike Beatz), producer Adonis calls on his people to set aside differences in skin tone and national origin and recognize that “We Are One.” The headliner serves up a thematically-apropos flip of Curtis Mayfield’s We the People Who Are Darker Than Blue to back project collaborator Killah Trakz’ heartfelt plea sfor solidarity, as well as reader fave REKS’ historically-inspired guest bars. In addition to being part of his forthcoming Video Game Music tape, this uplifting jam is set to appear on a currently-untitled project by Trakz. Fans can keep it locked for release details on both of the forthcoming, as yet-unscheduled sets.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.