In Angels & Demons, the 2000 precursor to Dan Brown’s blockbuster novel The Da Vinci Code (and its cinematic adaptation starring Tom Hanks), symbologist Robert Langdon uncovers an Illuminati plot involving elementally-inspired murders, stolen antimatter and—you know what? That sentence includes enough crazy as it is, so I’m just gonna leave it there. Booth newcomer Adian Coker‘s Angels & Demons, on the other hand, is less of an action thriller than a psychologically-nuanced character study. While director Tim Brown (no relation, as far as know.) channels a little of the novel and film’s conspiratorial flair into his visuals, the London emcee and producer stays tightly-focused on the mic, dramatizing the conflict between his spirituality and his lust for material wealth over his own slow-burning boardwork. Lights Fantastic as yet lacks a drop date but listeners can, of course, keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 08/22/12
UK emcee/songwriter/producer Adian Coker has released his new mixtape, Lights Fantastic, presented by our friends at Karmaloop and the artist's own indie label Bloom in June. The 9-track project, which was recorded over the...
Bloom In June
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Airs & Graces" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.