In Angels & Demons, the 2000 precursor to Dan Brown’s blockbuster novel The Da Vinci Code (and its cinematic adaptation starring Tom Hanks), symbologist Robert Langdon uncovers an Illuminati plot involving elementally-inspired murders, stolen antimatter and—you know what? That sentence includes enough crazy as it is, so I’m just gonna leave it there. Booth newcomer Adian Coker‘s Angels & Demons, on the other hand, is less of an action thriller than a psychologically-nuanced character study. While director Tim Brown (no relation, as far as know.) channels a little of the novel and film’s conspiratorial flair into his visuals, the London emcee and producer stays tightly-focused on the mic, dramatizing the conflict between his spirituality and his lust for material wealth over his own slow-burning boardwork. Lights Fantastic as yet lacks a drop date but listeners can, of course, keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 08/22/12
Submit your Rating
Bloom In June
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Airs & Graces" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.