In Angels & Demons, the 2000 precursor to Dan Brown’s blockbuster novel The Da Vinci Code (and its cinematic adaptation starring Tom Hanks), symbologist Robert Langdon uncovers an Illuminati plot involving elementally-inspired murders, stolen antimatter and—you know what? That sentence includes enough crazy as it is, so I’m just gonna leave it there. Booth newcomer Adian Coker‘s Angels & Demons, on the other hand, is less of an action thriller than a psychologically-nuanced character study. While director Tim Brown (no relation, as far as know.) channels a little of the novel and film’s conspiratorial flair into his visuals, the London emcee and producer stays tightly-focused on the mic, dramatizing the conflict between his spirituality and his lust for material wealth over his own slow-burning boardwork. Lights Fantastic as yet lacks a drop date but listeners can, of course, keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Bloom In June
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Airs & Graces" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.