Remember Adele, the UK soul singer whose first single, Chasing Pavements, ruled the airwaves a few years back? Well, she’s back in full force – in Europe, anyway. While Rolling in the Deep, the “dark bluesy gospel disco tune” selected as the lead single off her sophomore set, was a modest hit stateside (in contrast to its enthusiastic reception across the pond), MeLo-X took enough of a shine to it to jump on board Jamie XX forbidding remix of the record. If you were feeling really fancy, you could probably get away with calling this a deconstruction of the original; Jamie’s beat (lightly modified by MeLo-X) finds the indie/electronic buzzmaker paring the record’s pounding instrumental down to a sparse, lurching percussion backdrop for his and Adele’s studio-tweaked vocals. MeLo grabs the grief-stricken theme and runs with it on the back, recounting how a callous female left his heart in tatters. Like what you’re hearing? Adele’s sophomore set, 21, is scheduled for stateside release Feb. 22, and those craving more from MeLo-X can find what they seek on his Booth-sponsored More Merch EP.
Written by richard on 02/2/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.