Remember Adele, the UK soul singer whose first single, Chasing Pavements, ruled the airwaves a few years back? Well, she’s back in full force – in Europe, anyway. While Rolling in the Deep, the “dark bluesy gospel disco tune” selected as the lead single off her sophomore set, was a modest hit stateside (in contrast to its enthusiastic reception across the pond), MeLo-X took enough of a shine to it to jump on board Jamie XX forbidding remix of the record. If you were feeling really fancy, you could probably get away with calling this a deconstruction of the original; Jamie’s beat (lightly modified by MeLo-X) finds the indie/electronic buzzmaker paring the record’s pounding instrumental down to a sparse, lurching percussion backdrop for his and Adele’s studio-tweaked vocals. MeLo grabs the grief-stricken theme and runs with it on the back, recounting how a callous female left his heart in tatters. Like what you’re hearing? Adele’s sophomore set, 21, is scheduled for stateside release Feb. 22, and those craving more from MeLo-X can find what they seek on his Booth-sponsored More Merch EP.
Written by richard on 02/2/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.