New York City by way of Milwaukee, Wisconsin rapper Adebisi makes his Booth debut with Closer, off his recently-released project Blaxploitation. A mixtape in the traditional sense of borrowed beats, Adebisi used his recent project as a re-introduction as a solo artist, after spending time as part of the award winning Milwaukee based group Fresh Cut Collective. With the help of the Mike Tiger and AmpLive produced track, Closer has a very self-reflective tone. According to Adebisi, the original Goapele song holds a special place in his heart: “I used to listen to that song when my son was young and I was trying to figure this life/rap sh*t out.” So, for Adebisi the record is both about chasing his dreams and remembering his past. Adebisi also released a video for Closer yesterday, directed by BeardsxFreckles, which you can watch here.
Written by ThroatChopU on 05/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What a Blessing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.