New York City by way of Milwaukee, Wisconsin rapper Adebisi makes his Booth debut with Closer, off his recently-released project Blaxploitation. A mixtape in the traditional sense of borrowed beats, Adebisi used his recent project as a re-introduction as a solo artist, after spending time as part of the award winning Milwaukee based group Fresh Cut Collective. With the help of the Mike Tiger and AmpLive produced track, Closer has a very self-reflective tone. According to Adebisi, the original Goapele song holds a special place in his heart: “I used to listen to that song when my son was young and I was trying to figure this life/rap sh*t out.” So, for Adebisi the record is both about chasing his dreams and remembering his past. Adebisi also released a video for Closer yesterday, directed by BeardsxFreckles, which you can watch here.
Written by ThroatChopU on 05/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What a Blessing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.