New York City by way of Milwaukee, Wisconsin rapper Adebisi makes his Booth debut with Closer, off his recently-released project Blaxploitation. A mixtape in the traditional sense of borrowed beats, Adebisi used his recent project as a re-introduction as a solo artist, after spending time as part of the award winning Milwaukee based group Fresh Cut Collective. With the help of the Mike Tiger and AmpLive produced track, Closer has a very self-reflective tone. According to Adebisi, the original Goapele song holds a special place in his heart: “I used to listen to that song when my son was young and I was trying to figure this life/rap sh*t out.” So, for Adebisi the record is both about chasing his dreams and remembering his past. Adebisi also released a video for Closer yesterday, directed by BeardsxFreckles, which you can watch here.
Written by ThroatChopU on 05/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What a Blessing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.