New York City by way of Milwaukee, Wisconsin rapper Adebisi makes his Booth debut with Closer, off his recently-released project Blaxploitation. A mixtape in the traditional sense of borrowed beats, Adebisi used his recent project as a re-introduction as a solo artist, after spending time as part of the award winning Milwaukee based group Fresh Cut Collective. With the help of the Mike Tiger and AmpLive produced track, Closer has a very self-reflective tone. According to Adebisi, the original Goapele song holds a special place in his heart: “I used to listen to that song when my son was young and I was trying to figure this life/rap sh*t out.” So, for Adebisi the record is both about chasing his dreams and remembering his past. Adebisi also released a video for Closer yesterday, directed by BeardsxFreckles, which you can watch here.
Written by ThroatChopU on 05/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What a Blessing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.