New York City by way of Milwaukee, Wisconsin rapper Adebisi makes his Booth debut with Closer, off his recently-released project Blaxploitation. A mixtape in the traditional sense of borrowed beats, Adebisi used his recent project as a re-introduction as a solo artist, after spending time as part of the award winning Milwaukee based group Fresh Cut Collective. With the help of the Mike Tiger and AmpLive produced track, Closer has a very self-reflective tone. According to Adebisi, the original Goapele song holds a special place in his heart: “I used to listen to that song when my son was young and I was trying to figure this life/rap sh*t out.” So, for Adebisi the record is both about chasing his dreams and remembering his past. Adebisi also released a video for Closer yesterday, directed by BeardsxFreckles, which you can watch here.
Listen to More: BLAX Written by ThroatChopU
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What a Blessing" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!