These days, it seems like the clinical inability to stay focused on a single topic for any length of time more the rule than the exception. Hey, I wonder what’s happening on Facebook right now! What was I talking about again? Oh, right. Booth newcomers Paris Pershun and Slim Gravy are two emcees who take pride in their space-cadet status – hence the stage name A.Dd+, with the (silent) “+” serving to emphasize how far they are ahead of their peers. On new single Mary Go, the duo amply demonstrate the perks of a distractable mindstate. Picnic Tyme mans the boards, serving up a fragmented but fresh instrumental incorporating chopped brass fanfare, kitchen-sink percussion and that ubiquitous “Me so horny” sample as the duo spit scatterbrained game to the titular female. Of course, when it turns out that Mary’s “coochie’s on strike,” the crew instantly switch gears to chat up a few non-union shawtys. Topped off with the producer’s party-ready hook vocals, this action-packed cut should keep even the most absentminded listeners entertained. If you’re digging it, more bangers await on A.Dd+‘s When Pigs Fly LP, scheduled to drop March 28.
Written by richard on 03/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jumper Cables" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.