These days, it seems like the clinical inability to stay focused on a single topic for any length of time more the rule than the exception. Hey, I wonder what’s happening on Facebook right now! What was I talking about again? Oh, right. Booth newcomers Paris Pershun and Slim Gravy are two emcees who take pride in their space-cadet status – hence the stage name A.Dd+, with the (silent) “+” serving to emphasize how far they are ahead of their peers. On new single Mary Go, the duo amply demonstrate the perks of a distractable mindstate. Picnic Tyme mans the boards, serving up a fragmented but fresh instrumental incorporating chopped brass fanfare, kitchen-sink percussion and that ubiquitous “Me so horny” sample as the duo spit scatterbrained game to the titular female. Of course, when it turns out that Mary’s “coochie’s on strike,” the crew instantly switch gears to chat up a few non-union shawtys. Topped off with the producer’s party-ready hook vocals, this action-packed cut should keep even the most absentminded listeners entertained. If you’re digging it, more bangers await on A.Dd+‘s When Pigs Fly LP, scheduled to drop March 28.
Written by richard on 03/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jumper Cables" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.