The Spanish surrealist painter Joan Miró famously made sleep deprivation a part of his artistic process, taking inspiration from the hallucinatory images that resulted from his intense fatigue. Paris Pershunand Slim Gravy of A.Dd+ may not be quite that masochistic, but they make good use of the feverish energy that comes with 24/7 grinding on new promo single Insomniac Dreaming. Detroit mainstay Black Milk does his thing on the production tip, serving up a head-noddable, old school-informed instrumental backdrop (dig the crackling vinyl!) as the Dallas rhymesayers fill listeners in on the motivations that lie behind their ceaseless hustle—namely, the desire to stay out the streets and, above all, provide for their loved ones: “...I don’t wanna be famous, I just wanna be well-off / Keep my bank account bangin’, take care of those I care about.” Will the Lone Star State natives’ sleepless nights win them the success they so richly deserve? Here’s hoping! This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it are sure to find more to their liking on A.Dd+‘s full-length debut, When Pigs Fly.
Written by richard on 10/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mary Go" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.