The Spanish surrealist painter Joan Miró famously made sleep deprivation a part of his artistic process, taking inspiration from the hallucinatory images that resulted from his intense fatigue. Paris Pershunand Slim Gravy of A.Dd+ may not be quite that masochistic, but they make good use of the feverish energy that comes with 24/7 grinding on new promo single Insomniac Dreaming. Detroit mainstay Black Milk does his thing on the production tip, serving up a head-noddable, old school-informed instrumental backdrop (dig the crackling vinyl!) as the Dallas rhymesayers fill listeners in on the motivations that lie behind their ceaseless hustle—namely, the desire to stay out the streets and, above all, provide for their loved ones: “...I don’t wanna be famous, I just wanna be well-off / Keep my bank account bangin’, take care of those I care about.” Will the Lone Star State natives’ sleepless nights win them the success they so richly deserve? Here’s hoping! This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it are sure to find more to their liking on A.Dd+‘s full-length debut, When Pigs Fly.
Written by richard on 10/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mary Go" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.