The Spanish surrealist painter Joan Miró famously made sleep deprivation a part of his artistic process, taking inspiration from the hallucinatory images that resulted from his intense fatigue. Paris Pershunand Slim Gravy of A.Dd+ may not be quite that masochistic, but they make good use of the feverish energy that comes with 24/7 grinding on new promo single Insomniac Dreaming. Detroit mainstay Black Milk does his thing on the production tip, serving up a head-noddable, old school-informed instrumental backdrop (dig the crackling vinyl!) as the Dallas rhymesayers fill listeners in on the motivations that lie behind their ceaseless hustle—namely, the desire to stay out the streets and, above all, provide for their loved ones: “...I don’t wanna be famous, I just wanna be well-off / Keep my bank account bangin’, take care of those I care about.” Will the Lone Star State natives’ sleepless nights win them the success they so richly deserve? Here’s hoping! This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it are sure to find more to their liking on A.Dd+‘s full-length debut, When Pigs Fly.
Written by richard on 10/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mary Go" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.