As fans of the Dallas duo already know, A.Dd+‘s stage name is a stylized version of the initialism for “Attention Deficit Disorder,” built from the first letters of the members’ respective first names (Arrias and Dionte). But hip-hop monikers tend to sprout additional meanings over time, and this one is no exception. With their latest mixtape single, featured in the Booth along with Jeff Adair‘s official visuals, Paris Pershun and Slim Gravy add another to the pile: “Audio Day Dream.” Here, FlyLife Productions’ woozy keyboard loops and syrupy-slow percussion accompany the emcees as they fantasize about the bright future that awaits them and reflect on the necessity of learning from one’s mistakes. A.Dd+‘s DJBooth-hosted DiveHiFlyLo: Every Man Is King LP will be released next week Tuesday, November 19.
Written by richard on 11/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mary Go" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.