As fans of the Dallas duo already know, A.Dd+‘s stage name is a stylized version of the initialism for “Attention Deficit Disorder,” built from the first letters of the members’ respective first names (Arrias and Dionte). But hip-hop monikers tend to sprout additional meanings over time, and this one is no exception. With their latest mixtape single, featured in the Booth along with Jeff Adair‘s official visuals, Paris Pershun and Slim Gravy add another to the pile: “Audio Day Dream.” Here, FlyLife Productions’ woozy keyboard loops and syrupy-slow percussion accompany the emcees as they fantasize about the bright future that awaits them and reflect on the necessity of learning from one’s mistakes. A.Dd+‘s DJBooth-hosted DiveHiFlyLo: Every Man Is King LP will be released next week Tuesday, November 19.
Written by richard on 11/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mary Go" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.