As fans of the Dallas duo already know, A.Dd+‘s stage name is a stylized version of the initialism for “Attention Deficit Disorder,” built from the first letters of the members’ respective first names (Arrias and Dionte). But hip-hop monikers tend to sprout additional meanings over time, and this one is no exception. With their latest mixtape single, featured in the Booth along with Jeff Adair‘s official visuals, Paris Pershun and Slim Gravy add another to the pile: “Audio Day Dream.” Here, FlyLife Productions’ woozy keyboard loops and syrupy-slow percussion accompany the emcees as they fantasize about the bright future that awaits them and reflect on the necessity of learning from one’s mistakes. A.Dd+‘s DJBooth-hosted DiveHiFlyLo: Every Man Is King LP will be released next week Tuesday, November 19.
Written by richard on 11/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mary Go" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.