As fans of the Dallas duo already know, A.Dd+‘s stage name is a stylized version of the initialism for “Attention Deficit Disorder,” built from the first letters of the members’ respective first names (Arrias and Dionte). But hip-hop monikers tend to sprout additional meanings over time, and this one is no exception. With their latest mixtape single, featured in the Booth along with Jeff Adair‘s official visuals, Paris Pershun and Slim Gravy add another to the pile: “Audio Day Dream.” Here, FlyLife Productions’ woozy keyboard loops and syrupy-slow percussion accompany the emcees as they fantasize about the bright future that awaits them and reflect on the necessity of learning from one’s mistakes. A.Dd+‘s DJBooth-hosted DiveHiFlyLo: Every Man Is King LP will be released next week Tuesday, November 19.
Written by richard on 11/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mary Go" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.