Add-2 may be killing y’all sucker emcees, but look on the bright side: at least you’ll get a dope Eulogy before being lowered into your final resting place. Ostensibly dedicated to wack rappers, the Chi-town representative’s first promotional single of 2013 actually hits a wide variety of topics, from the artist’s ongoing quest to get himself and his mother out of the ‘hood to Trinidad James’ dental shortcomings. Underlying his wide-ranging lyrical reflections is a soulfully upbeat, sampled instrumental by J-Rell. Eulogy isn’t attached to a larger project but, according to Add-2, fans can think of it as “a preview of what’s to come” in the new year.
Written by richard on 01/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.