Add-2 may be killing y’all sucker emcees, but look on the bright side: at least you’ll get a dope Eulogy before being lowered into your final resting place. Ostensibly dedicated to wack rappers, the Chi-town representative’s first promotional single of 2013 actually hits a wide variety of topics, from the artist’s ongoing quest to get himself and his mother out of the ‘hood to Trinidad James’ dental shortcomings. Underlying his wide-ranging lyrical reflections is a soulfully upbeat, sampled instrumental by J-Rell. Eulogy isn’t attached to a larger project but, according to Add-2, fans can think of it as “a preview of what’s to come” in the new year.
Written by richard on 01/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.