Yesterday was the first Sunday after the NFL season’s official end. For some that may be a depressing realization, but for me it’s a sign that spring is just around the corner. That means the NBA on Sundays, the return of dope shows (hello Walking Dead!), and artists finishing up projects that will inevitably drop once the weather gets a little sunnier. Getting a head start on the later is Chicago native Add-2, whose last DJBooth feature was January’s The Eulogy, as the emcee drops off a new gem for us today in the form of The Almighty Add-2. Produced by J. Rell, The Almighty is an uptempo track, complete with boasting celebratory horns, that finds Add taking over with some doubletime bars. The Almight Add-2 will appear on his upcoming album, More Missed Calls, which does not currently have a release date. If you’re looking to heat up your playlist before the end of winter, press play on this one and relax.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 02/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.