For as far as African-Americans have come, our TV screens, cinemas and radio airwaves are still haunted by stereotyped images of black people and black culture. On the latest release off his forthcoming full-length, Windy City rhymesayer Add-2 takes aim at entertainers he considers to be little more than Modern Day Coons, airing his grievances over the melancholy production of Marcus Banks. Sure to start conversations (and potentially ruffle a few feathers), this scathing jam is just one of many fresh and insightful cuts set for inclusion on the yet-unscheduled Save Our Souls LP. Stay tuned for further release details!
Written by richard on 12/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.