For as far as African-Americans have come, our TV screens, cinemas and radio airwaves are still haunted by stereotyped images of black people and black culture. On the latest release off his forthcoming full-length, Windy City rhymesayer Add-2 takes aim at entertainers he considers to be little more than Modern Day Coons, airing his grievances over the melancholy production of Marcus Banks. Sure to start conversations (and potentially ruffle a few feathers), this scathing jam is just one of many fresh and insightful cuts set for inclusion on the yet-unscheduled Save Our Souls LP. Stay tuned for further release details!
Written by richard on 12/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.