The city of Chicago has a huge hip-hop scene, but to date only a few artists (Kanye, Common, Lupe, etc.) have truly catapulted to mainstream success. Well up-and-coming rapper Add-2 hopes to “add” his name to that list with the release of his new joint, Luxury (Slot-A Remix), a track featuring Add occasionally speeding up his flow to nearly Twista-level proportions. With a title like Luxury it’s no surprise to find the track filled with clever lines about expensive champagne, diamonds and fancy clothes, along with Add’s apparent penchant for old school beauties like Marilyn Monroe and “a first lady like Jacqueline O.” Produced by frequent collaborator Slot-A, who contributes a catchy, synthetic piano sound to the track, Luxury (Slot-A Remix) is being released alongside Add-2’s new video for the single. With his witty lines and head-bobbing sound, Add-2 could find himself in the mainstream sooner rather than later, but in the meantime check out his latest mix-album Tale Of Two’s City Volume 3: The Rise & Fall, available now.
Written by matt juss on 12/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.