The city of Chicago has a huge hip-hop scene, but to date only a few artists (Kanye, Common, Lupe, etc.) have truly catapulted to mainstream success. Well up-and-coming rapper Add-2 hopes to “add” his name to that list with the release of his new joint, Luxury (Slot-A Remix), a track featuring Add occasionally speeding up his flow to nearly Twista-level proportions. With a title like Luxury it’s no surprise to find the track filled with clever lines about expensive champagne, diamonds and fancy clothes, along with Add’s apparent penchant for old school beauties like Marilyn Monroe and “a first lady like Jacqueline O.” Produced by frequent collaborator Slot-A, who contributes a catchy, synthetic piano sound to the track, Luxury (Slot-A Remix) is being released alongside Add-2’s new video for the single. With his witty lines and head-bobbing sound, Add-2 could find himself in the mainstream sooner rather than later, but in the meantime check out his latest mix-album Tale Of Two’s City Volume 3: The Rise & Fall, available now.
Listen to More: Add-2
Written by matt juss on 12/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.