From reader-acclaimed album inclusion Iron Mic to K. Sparks collaboration Chi-City 2 Queens, Add-2 has been turning in the kind of performances to which the only appropriate response is a starstruck, “Gotdamn!” Well aware of just how dope his recent output has been, the Windy City representative takes a well-deserved victory lap on the latest leak off his forthcoming full-length. J. Rell mans the boards, slicing and dicing a brassy soul sample as the freestyle series alumnus provides a full demonstration of his mic abilities. Bombarding the beat with flurries of double-time braggadocio (“Even a paraplegic can feel me”) and trash talk (“You’re such a b*tch your girl probably hold the door for you”), Add shows us just how far he towers over his peers. In the artist’s own words: “Competition—-what? Competition who?!” If Add-2 keeps it up, it’s only a matter of time before he’s standing astride the game, Godzilla-style—or have I got it twisted? Those who agree with my assessment can find plenty more high-caliber cuts where this came from on Add’s Save.Our.Souls LP, coming later this year.
Written by richard on 08/7/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.