From reader-acclaimed album inclusion Iron Mic to K. Sparks collaboration Chi-City 2 Queens, Add-2 has been turning in the kind of performances to which the only appropriate response is a starstruck, “Gotdamn!” Well aware of just how dope his recent output has been, the Windy City representative takes a well-deserved victory lap on the latest leak off his forthcoming full-length. J. Rell mans the boards, slicing and dicing a brassy soul sample as the freestyle series alumnus provides a full demonstration of his mic abilities. Bombarding the beat with flurries of double-time braggadocio (“Even a paraplegic can feel me”) and trash talk (“You’re such a b*tch your girl probably hold the door for you”), Add shows us just how far he towers over his peers. In the artist’s own words: “Competition—-what? Competition who?!” If Add-2 keeps it up, it’s only a matter of time before he’s standing astride the game, Godzilla-style—or have I got it twisted? Those who agree with my assessment can find plenty more high-caliber cuts where this came from on Add’s Save.Our.Souls LP, coming later this year.
Written by richard on 08/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.