From reader-acclaimed album inclusion Iron Mic to K. Sparks collaboration Chi-City 2 Queens, Add-2 has been turning in the kind of performances to which the only appropriate response is a starstruck, “Gotdamn!” Well aware of just how dope his recent output has been, the Windy City representative takes a well-deserved victory lap on the latest leak off his forthcoming full-length. J. Rell mans the boards, slicing and dicing a brassy soul sample as the freestyle series alumnus provides a full demonstration of his mic abilities. Bombarding the beat with flurries of double-time braggadocio (“Even a paraplegic can feel me”) and trash talk (“You’re such a b*tch your girl probably hold the door for you”), Add shows us just how far he towers over his peers. In the artist’s own words: “Competition—-what? Competition who?!” If Add-2 keeps it up, it’s only a matter of time before he’s standing astride the game, Godzilla-style—or have I got it twisted? Those who agree with my assessment can find plenty more high-caliber cuts where this came from on Add’s Save.Our.Souls LP, coming later this year.
Written by richard on 08/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.