The title of his latest video single is Couples Therapy, but Add-2 and his guest, Wes Restless, couldn’t be more in synch. Wes’ soulful vocals (which are so good they sound like a throwback sample) are the perfect compliment to the Chicago native’s emphatic, captivating flow. The couple that Add is taking his cues from on this cut, on the other hand? Well, from the sound (and look) of things, they might need a little bit of help. Backed by Marcus Banks’ rich, buttery boardwork, Add gives the love-on-the-rocks concept a unique spin, spitting two versus, one from the female’s perspective and one from the male’s. This interesting concept takes an already dense effort and adds that an extra wrinkle to make it really standout. If Couples Therapy is your kind of tune, be sure to cop Add-2’s free project, More Missed Calls, which is available now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/14/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.