The title of his latest video single is Couples Therapy, but Add-2 and his guest, Wes Restless, couldn’t be more in synch. Wes’ soulful vocals (which are so good they sound like a throwback sample) are the perfect compliment to the Chicago native’s emphatic, captivating flow. The couple that Add is taking his cues from on this cut, on the other hand? Well, from the sound (and look) of things, they might need a little bit of help. Backed by Marcus Banks’ rich, buttery boardwork, Add gives the love-on-the-rocks concept a unique spin, spitting two versus, one from the female’s perspective and one from the male’s. This interesting concept takes an already dense effort and adds that an extra wrinkle to make it really standout. If Couples Therapy is your kind of tune, be sure to cop Add-2’s free project, More Missed Calls, which is available now via Audiomack.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!