The title of his latest video single is Couples Therapy, but Add-2 and his guest, Wes Restless, couldn’t be more in synch. Wes’ soulful vocals (which are so good they sound like a throwback sample) are the perfect compliment to the Chicago native’s emphatic, captivating flow. The couple that Add is taking his cues from on this cut, on the other hand? Well, from the sound (and look) of things, they might need a little bit of help. Backed by Marcus Banks’ rich, buttery boardwork, Add gives the love-on-the-rocks concept a unique spin, spitting two versus, one from the female’s perspective and one from the male’s. This interesting concept takes an already dense effort and adds that an extra wrinkle to make it really standout. If Couples Therapy is your kind of tune, be sure to cop Add-2’s free project, More Missed Calls, which is available now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.