The title of his latest video single is Couples Therapy, but Add-2 and his guest, Wes Restless, couldn’t be more in synch. Wes’ soulful vocals (which are so good they sound like a throwback sample) are the perfect compliment to the Chicago native’s emphatic, captivating flow. The couple that Add is taking his cues from on this cut, on the other hand? Well, from the sound (and look) of things, they might need a little bit of help. Backed by Marcus Banks’ rich, buttery boardwork, Add gives the love-on-the-rocks concept a unique spin, spitting two versus, one from the female’s perspective and one from the male’s. This interesting concept takes an already dense effort and adds that an extra wrinkle to make it really standout. If Couples Therapy is your kind of tune, be sure to cop Add-2’s free project, More Missed Calls, which is available now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.