In the U.S., police shootings and excessive uses of force happen so frequently that it’s easy for people—those who aren’t close to these injustices, anyways—to see these incidents as normal. Now that Ferguson is international news, however, the shock and criticism coming from every corner of the globe make it impossible to deny that we’ve got a problem. On new single PIA (Pigs in America), AD offers a much-needed dose of perspective. Over DBerg Studios’ pensive synth production, the Compton emcee reminds us that a long legacy of bloodshed and neglect underlie his and others’ unwillingness to cooperate with the five-oh (whom he calls the “biggest gang in America.”). This thought-provoking jam isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can, of course, watch our front page for more new music from AD.
Written by richard on 08/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Without It" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.