In the U.S., police shootings and excessive uses of force happen so frequently that it’s easy for people—those who aren’t close to these injustices, anyways—to see these incidents as normal. Now that Ferguson is international news, however, the shock and criticism coming from every corner of the globe make it impossible to deny that we’ve got a problem. On new single PIA (Pigs in America), AD offers a much-needed dose of perspective. Over DBerg Studios’ pensive synth production, the Compton emcee reminds us that a long legacy of bloodshed and neglect underlie his and others’ unwillingness to cooperate with the five-oh (whom he calls the “biggest gang in America.”). This thought-provoking jam isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can, of course, watch our front page for more new music from AD.
Written by richard on 08/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Without It" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)