In the U.S., police shootings and excessive uses of force happen so frequently that it’s easy for people—those who aren’t close to these injustices, anyways—to see these incidents as normal. Now that Ferguson is international news, however, the shock and criticism coming from every corner of the globe make it impossible to deny that we’ve got a problem. On new single PIA (Pigs in America), AD offers a much-needed dose of perspective. Over DBerg Studios’ pensive synth production, the Compton emcee reminds us that a long legacy of bloodshed and neglect underlie his and others’ unwillingness to cooperate with the five-oh (whom he calls the “biggest gang in America.”). This thought-provoking jam isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can, of course, watch our front page for more new music from AD.
Written by richard on 08/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Without It" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.