It must be the holidays on Twitter because there are some gifted-ass rappers playing Santa Claus. Like Action Bronson, who slid in a nice little number a few days ago, dropping major delivery on the track Blue Chips. With what sounds like an intro to something extraordinarily roughneck-ish, Bronson does what hip-hop heads have come to love him for: riding a beat with no agenda other than to slay the given production and leave listeners doe-eyed. Party Supplies dresses Bronson in a clip from the 90’s basketball movie from which the track is spawned, giving a base to the twisted strings and guitar play that fits so well with the thuggish-ruggish emcee’s style. Keeping the tale of good rap alive, Bronson does what he does and continues to do it well. Stuff your turkey and stockings and whatever else has a hole with the upcoming collaborative LP, Well Done, as he and Statik Selectah expect to drop their newest work on November 22 via DCide Records.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 10/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time for Some" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.