The more you listen to Action Bronson, the harder it is to not think that he is the illegitimate brain child of Eminem and Ghostface Killah. On his new promo single, A Simple Man Bronson displays metaphorical acrobatics that take the listener from gangster lavishness to psychopathic extremes as he raps “As my smoke rise quick all my homies got a cup/ we’re livin’ in the days where no one even gave a fuck/ matching collar sweatsuits hoppin’ out the truck/ knee her in the stomach drugs are droppin’ out her butt.” The laid back Tommy Mas produced track, laced with a jazzy trumpet sample, leaves plenty of space for the Queens bred MC to spit flashy bars that would rival most rapper’s thoughts of becoming the king of opulence. This cut is not attached to any project or album at this time, but nevertheless should keep Action Bronson fans satisfied for now. In the meantime, why not cop his recently released Blue Chips project?
Written by WriterJones on 04/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time for Some" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.