Can’t front, Ace Hood is tapping into the savage beast inside him on this one. Finding ways to maintain consistency and maintain his place in the spotlight, the Def Jam emcee digs into the other, OTHER side of himself to rip a new one for those who doubted his mic skills. Sh*t Done Got Real is Hood’s lyrical release, allowing him to share the persona that has been spilling out from his latest releases. Featuring cunning linguist Busta Rhymes and newfound favorite Yelawolf, the track boasts a level of humorously rude ingenuity from all three artists, matching cadences and vernacular to make a dope collaboration. This couldn’t have been done without production from The Renegades, whose ghoul-induced synths over layered kicks and special drifts in the beat make this joint supremely personalized; a record that would make my brother say “Yeah, he’s rough wit it.” Touche lil bro, touche. Check for Sh** Done Got Real on Ace Hood’s forthcoming mixtape, The Statement 2, set to drop later this week.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 12/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.