The practice of putting a positive spin on words with negative connotations is one of hip-hop lingo’s defining features—examples include Bay Area hyphy fans “going dumb,” underground ATLiens rocking “stupid fruity chains,” Shawty Lo stepping on the scene looking Foolish, and DJ Drama scooping, Gucci, Gotti, Lonnie, and OJ to put together an absolutely Ridiculous single. Head even further South and you’ll find Fort Lauderdale native Ace Hood going Loco Wit the Cake, blowing his newfound major-label loot on all manner of luxury items. Produced by Schife, Loco Wit the Cake might not elicit the rave reader reviews Ace has been used to, but, as a street record, it’s right on target. Ace’s sophomore album, Ruthless, drops June 30—in the meantime, keep your browsers trained on the Booth for the emcee’s exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Listen to More: Ace Hood Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.