The practice of putting a positive spin on words with negative connotations is one of hip-hop lingo’s defining features—examples include Bay Area hyphy fans “going dumb,” underground ATLiens rocking “stupid fruity chains,” Shawty Lo stepping on the scene looking Foolish, and DJ Drama scooping, Gucci, Gotti, Lonnie, and OJ to put together an absolutely Ridiculous single. Head even further South and you’ll find Fort Lauderdale native Ace Hood going Loco Wit the Cake, blowing his newfound major-label loot on all manner of luxury items. Produced by Schife, Loco Wit the Cake might not elicit the rave reader reviews Ace has been used to, but, as a street record, it’s right on target. Ace’s sophomore album, Ruthless, drops June 30—in the meantime, keep your browsers trained on the Booth for the emcee’s exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Listen to More: Ace Hood
Written by Burmy on 05/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.