The practice of putting a positive spin on words with negative connotations is one of hip-hop lingo’s defining features—examples include Bay Area hyphy fans “going dumb,” underground ATLiens rocking “stupid fruity chains,” Shawty Lo stepping on the scene looking Foolish, and DJ Drama scooping, Gucci, Gotti, Lonnie, and OJ to put together an absolutely Ridiculous single. Head even further South and you’ll find Fort Lauderdale native Ace Hood going Loco Wit the Cake, blowing his newfound major-label loot on all manner of luxury items. Produced by Schife, Loco Wit the Cake might not elicit the rave reader reviews Ace has been used to, but, as a street record, it’s right on target. Ace’s sophomore album, Ruthless, drops June 30—in the meantime, keep your browsers trained on the Booth for the emcee’s exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Listen to More: Ace Hood
Written by Burmy on 05/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.