As an L.A. resident I’m accustomed to living a certain life style: beautiful weather, beautiful women and the occasional riot, but even my sunniest days can’t compare to the cash soaked Life Style southern flamespitter Ace Hood and teen sensation Sean Kingston have in mind. Ace, whose last Booth offering Bed Room Music didn’t exactly light sheets on fire, goes radio-hit-or-bust on Life Style as he follows the blueprint laid down by Whatever You Like with rhymes about, what else, having money and spending money, sentiments echoed by Kingston (wait, is he even old enough to go to a strip club?). On the production tip Boi-1da, who’s been absolutely murdering beats lately (see his work on Not Afraid), takes it light and easy, offering Ace and Sean a lightly snapping beat to do their stunting over. Love it or hate it, I’ve got a feeling this one’s gonna be making its way over to radio soon. And if it does, I’m sure we’ll get more concrete details on Ace’s as yet untitled and unscheduled new album.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.