When Ace Hood first appeared on our pages way back in February of ’08 (yep, it’s been that long) with his breakthrough single Cash Flow many thought the young Florida spitter was on his way to worldwide fame, but despite a series of moderate successes, Ace is still looking for that record that will permanently put him on the map. Could new single Let It Off be that song? Um….maybe. Producer Jackpot certainly does his part, crafting the kind of bouncing, pop-meets-babymaker beat radio’s eating up now, as does frequent hit writer Sean Garrett during his smooth, towel-phobic hook, but add in Hood’s grimy yet sexy flow and I’m not sure the sum of all these parts adds up to a smoothly oiled machine. Then again, Plies has had some hits, so there’s no reason Let It Off couldn’t work too. In addition to appearing on Ace’s upcoming mixtape, Sex Chronicles, (guess what it’s about?), will Let It Off also make the final cut of Ace’s upcoming album Mr. Hood? That depends in part on the Booth’s reaction, so have at it in the comments below people.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.