Balling just ain’t the same without a special someone with whom to share the fruits of your hustle. Thus, on single numero uno off his fourth full-length, Ace Hood makes a play for the heart of a potential Mrs. Hood, telling her in no uncertain terms, “I Need Your Love.” The Florida native’s first headlining feature since late August’s street-ready Don’t Get Me Started, this joint finds the usually aggressive rhymesayer showcasing his romantically braggadocious side as he lets the shorty in question know just how fly her life will be if she chooses to ride with him, flowing over a tuneful Chipmunk-soul beat by Ben Billionz. Fresh off the release of his own Chapter V LP, Trey Songz contributes some characteristically seductive vocals to the hook. Stay tuned for the latest on Hood’s next studio album, which as yet lacks both a title and a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.