Balling just ain’t the same without a special someone with whom to share the fruits of your hustle. Thus, on single numero uno off his fourth full-length, Ace Hood makes a play for the heart of a potential Mrs. Hood, telling her in no uncertain terms, “I Need Your Love.” The Florida native’s first headlining feature since late August’s street-ready Don’t Get Me Started, this joint finds the usually aggressive rhymesayer showcasing his romantically braggadocious side as he lets the shorty in question know just how fly her life will be if she chooses to ride with him, flowing over a tuneful Chipmunk-soul beat by Ben Billionz. Fresh off the release of his own Chapter V LP, Trey Songz contributes some characteristically seductive vocals to the hook. Stay tuned for the latest on Hood’s next studio album, which as yet lacks both a title and a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.