It can’t be. Renowned street hustler Ace Hood couldn’t have done a heavily Euro-pop influenced track about the wonders of cuddly kittens. Wow, I did not see that coming…wait, no, phew, looks like that was just a Hallucination. In reality, Hood’s new mixtape single is as relentlessly hard as ever, and in fact even darker and more lyrical than we’re used to hearing from the Hustle Hard rapper. Built around a disturbingly dark beat from The Renegades that sounds like it was recorded in a haunted Gregorian chapel, Hallucinations finds Hood once again laying bare the pain and struggle he’s forced to overcome just to make it through another day: “Haven’t been the same since my daughter died / kind of hard for me to orchestrate a f**king rhyme.” With a title like Starvation I can only assume that much more darkly aggressive hip-hop awaits us on Hood’s upcoming mixtape, due out on March 30. In the meantime, I’ll go sober up to stop these hallucinations while you press play and get to rating and commenting below.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.