It can’t be. Renowned street hustler Ace Hood couldn’t have done a heavily Euro-pop influenced track about the wonders of cuddly kittens. Wow, I did not see that coming…wait, no, phew, looks like that was just a Hallucination. In reality, Hood’s new mixtape single is as relentlessly hard as ever, and in fact even darker and more lyrical than we’re used to hearing from the Hustle Hard rapper. Built around a disturbingly dark beat from The Renegades that sounds like it was recorded in a haunted Gregorian chapel, Hallucinations finds Hood once again laying bare the pain and struggle he’s forced to overcome just to make it through another day: “Haven’t been the same since my daughter died / kind of hard for me to orchestrate a f**king rhyme.” With a title like Starvation I can only assume that much more darkly aggressive hip-hop awaits us on Hood’s upcoming mixtape, due out on March 30. In the meantime, I’ll go sober up to stop these hallucinations while you press play and get to rating and commenting below.
Listen to More: Ace Hood
Written by Nathan S. on 03/5/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.