By my estimation, there are few emcees who pour more Blood, Sweat & Tears into their hustle than the Ace Hood; despite a career that’s had its share of setbacks, the indefatigable Panhandle State repper has responded to every setback by continuing to grind ever-harder. That can-do attitude is on full display on Go N Get It, single numero dos off Hood’s forthcoming full-length. Here, a characteristically street-ready instrumental by production wunderkind Lex Luger (who, notably, manages to make harpsichord sound hard as nails) clatters in the background as the freestyle series alumnus updates listeners on his eternal quest for cash. In between declarations of commitment to his paper chase, Hood gives us a little insight into the personal struggles that motivate his grind: ”Bills due, money runnin’ low / Plus my cousin lost her mind and had an overdose.” Will Ace’s third studio album finally bring him the success he needs in order to make financial worries a thing of the past? We won’t know for certain till Blood, Sweat & Tears arrives on store shelves later this year.
Written by richard on 05/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.