By my estimation, there are few emcees who pour more Blood, Sweat & Tears into their hustle than the Ace Hood; despite a career that’s had its share of setbacks, the indefatigable Panhandle State repper has responded to every setback by continuing to grind ever-harder. That can-do attitude is on full display on Go N Get It, single numero dos off Hood’s forthcoming full-length. Here, a characteristically street-ready instrumental by production wunderkind Lex Luger (who, notably, manages to make harpsichord sound hard as nails) clatters in the background as the freestyle series alumnus updates listeners on his eternal quest for cash. In between declarations of commitment to his paper chase, Hood gives us a little insight into the personal struggles that motivate his grind: ”Bills due, money runnin’ low / Plus my cousin lost her mind and had an overdose.” Will Ace’s third studio album finally bring him the success he needs in order to make financial worries a thing of the past? We won’t know for certain till Blood, Sweat & Tears arrives on store shelves later this year.
Written by richard on 05/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.