You’ve gotta hand it to Ace Hood; the man knows how to choose his beats. Maybe it’s the influence of his mentor, producer extraordinaire DJ Khaled, or simply a natural ability to know right off the bat what complements his voice and delivery, but through his many DJBooth features, no one has complained about his production choices. In his new track, Get ‘Em, the Florida up-and-comer hooks up with The Inkredibles, who worked with him on his recent single, Ride. Ace is his typical, abrasive self, lashing out angrily at anyone who dares to stand in his way. The Inkredibles bring heat once again from the boards, laying down a banger of a beat characterized by its skittering bass drum, bright strings, and power chords. Get ‘Em will appear on Ace Hood’s debut album, Gutta, due October 14.
Written by Charlie E. on 09/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.