You’ve gotta hand it to Ace Hood; the man knows how to choose his beats. Maybe it’s the influence of his mentor, producer extraordinaire DJ Khaled, or simply a natural ability to know right off the bat what complements his voice and delivery, but through his many DJBooth features, no one has complained about his production choices. In his new track, Get ‘Em, the Florida up-and-comer hooks up with The Inkredibles, who worked with him on his recent single, Ride. Ace is his typical, abrasive self, lashing out angrily at anyone who dares to stand in his way. The Inkredibles bring heat once again from the boards, laying down a banger of a beat characterized by its skittering bass drum, bright strings, and power chords. Get ‘Em will appear on Ace Hood’s debut album, Gutta, due October 14.
Written by Charlie E. on 09/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.