If you’re a lover of hip-hop, Ace Hood‘s got a message for you: FYFR. That’s “F*ck Your Favorite Rapper,” for those who don’t enjoy puzzling out initialisms. On a freshly-minted single off his next street album, the Cash Money signee throws down a gauntlet before the rest of the hip-hop game, calling emcees out for failing to do justice to the legends that preceded them: “Pac would be ashamed of you n**gas / Big would shed a tear for you n**gas / Pun would wanna murder you all… nah, this ain’t hip-hop, y’all.” The Renegades provide a tense, sampled beat to accompany the artist’s contentious bars. Has Hood done the aforementioned greats proud with his latest cut? I’ll leave that for y’all to decide. In any case, you’ll be able to find FYFR. and much more on Ace’s Starvation 3 mixtape, scheduled for free digital release January 17.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.