If you’re a lover of hip-hop, Ace Hood‘s got a message for you: FYFR. That’s “F*ck Your Favorite Rapper,” for those who don’t enjoy puzzling out initialisms. On a freshly-minted single off his next street album, the Cash Money signee throws down a gauntlet before the rest of the hip-hop game, calling emcees out for failing to do justice to the legends that preceded them: “Pac would be ashamed of you n**gas / Big would shed a tear for you n**gas / Pun would wanna murder you all… nah, this ain’t hip-hop, y’all.” The Renegades provide a tense, sampled beat to accompany the artist’s contentious bars. Has Hood done the aforementioned greats proud with his latest cut? I’ll leave that for y’all to decide. In any case, you’ll be able to find FYFR. and much more on Ace’s Starvation 3 mixtape, scheduled for free digital release January 17.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.