If you’re a lover of hip-hop, Ace Hood‘s got a message for you: FYFR. That’s “F*ck Your Favorite Rapper,” for those who don’t enjoy puzzling out initialisms. On a freshly-minted single off his next street album, the Cash Money signee throws down a gauntlet before the rest of the hip-hop game, calling emcees out for failing to do justice to the legends that preceded them: “Pac would be ashamed of you n**gas / Big would shed a tear for you n**gas / Pun would wanna murder you all… nah, this ain’t hip-hop, y’all.” The Renegades provide a tense, sampled beat to accompany the artist’s contentious bars. Has Hood done the aforementioned greats proud with his latest cut? I’ll leave that for y’all to decide. In any case, you’ll be able to find FYFR. and much more on Ace’s Starvation 3 mixtape, scheduled for free digital release January 17.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!