If you’re a lover of hip-hop, Ace Hood‘s got a message for you: FYFR. That’s “F*ck Your Favorite Rapper,” for those who don’t enjoy puzzling out initialisms. On a freshly-minted single off his next street album, the Cash Money signee throws down a gauntlet before the rest of the hip-hop game, calling emcees out for failing to do justice to the legends that preceded them: “Pac would be ashamed of you n**gas / Big would shed a tear for you n**gas / Pun would wanna murder you all… nah, this ain’t hip-hop, y’all.” The Renegades provide a tense, sampled beat to accompany the artist’s contentious bars. Has Hood done the aforementioned greats proud with his latest cut? I’ll leave that for y’all to decide. In any case, you’ll be able to find FYFR. and much more on Ace’s Starvation 3 mixtape, scheduled for free digital release January 17.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.