If you’re a lover of hip-hop, Ace Hood‘s got a message for you: FYFR. That’s “F*ck Your Favorite Rapper,” for those who don’t enjoy puzzling out initialisms. On a freshly-minted single off his next street album, the Cash Money signee throws down a gauntlet before the rest of the hip-hop game, calling emcees out for failing to do justice to the legends that preceded them: “Pac would be ashamed of you n**gas / Big would shed a tear for you n**gas / Pun would wanna murder you all… nah, this ain’t hip-hop, y’all.” The Renegades provide a tense, sampled beat to accompany the artist’s contentious bars. Has Hood done the aforementioned greats proud with his latest cut? I’ll leave that for y’all to decide. In any case, you’ll be able to find FYFR. and much more on Ace’s Starvation 3 mixtape, scheduled for free digital release January 17.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.