It seems that Ace Hood has finally found his niche; having experimented with the club/street approach (Cash Flow, Get ‘Em Up) and the ladies’ jam angle (Ride), the Deerfield Beach rapper has decided to focus his promotional efforts on motivational singles like the reader-acclaimed Overtime. On the follow-up, Ace grabs another epic instrumental by The Runners and informs all his doubters that, whether they like it or not, he’s destined to become a musicial Champion. He’s even enlisted a couple of guest artists with plenty of experience dealing with setbacks—Rick Ross, who overcame these pesky CO reports to reclaim Billboard‘s #1 spot with Deeper Than Rap contributes a guest verse, and Jazmine Sullivan, who’s weathered various storms (early ‘00s dilemma with Jive, getting “India.Arie‘d” at the ‘09 Grammys..) to achieve heavyweight status, delivers a standout hook. Hood’s clearly got friends in high places, and these connections should help ensure that Ruthless is a certified success when hits stores June 30. Ace’s many supporters in the Booth can also look forward to an exclusive interview, set to hit our front page next week.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.