It seems that Ace Hood has finally found his niche; having experimented with the club/street approach (Cash Flow, Get ‘Em Up) and the ladies’ jam angle (Ride), the Deerfield Beach rapper has decided to focus his promotional efforts on motivational singles like the reader-acclaimed Overtime. On the follow-up, Ace grabs another epic instrumental by The Runners and informs all his doubters that, whether they like it or not, he’s destined to become a musicial Champion. He’s even enlisted a couple of guest artists with plenty of experience dealing with setbacks—Rick Ross, who overcame these pesky CO reports to reclaim Billboard‘s #1 spot with Deeper Than Rap contributes a guest verse, and Jazmine Sullivan, who’s weathered various storms (early ‘00s dilemma with Jive, getting “India.Arie‘d” at the ‘09 Grammys..) to achieve heavyweight status, delivers a standout hook. Hood’s clearly got friends in high places, and these connections should help ensure that Ruthless is a certified success when hits stores June 30. Ace’s many supporters in the Booth can also look forward to an exclusive interview, set to hit our front page next week.
Written by Burmy on 05/27/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.