Ace Hood may well be the most driven man in the game—as the We the Best emcee made clear in his most recent interview with DJ Z, he’s more than willing to put in Overtime to become a musical Champion. How did he develop the stamina necessary to grind all day and party all night without ever breaking a sweat? Well, he didn’t—as he explains on this newly-released cut, he was simply Born an OG. The Nasty Beatmakerz pull out all the stops here; featuring sweeping strings, scorching synths, and a heaping helping of arena-rock guitar riffage, their beat is bombastic enough to overwhelm many emcees—of course, that’s no problem for Ludacris, whose booming bark is so powerful he could probably rap a dope and completely comprehensible verse over a 10-jackhammer backing band. Luda’s virtuosic performance also seems to bring out the best in Ace; though his delivery sounds almost subdued in comparison to the guest verse champ’s, his breakneck flow will leave few unimpressed. Though not slated for promotion as an official single, this high-powered cut is sure to boost street anticipation for Ace’s sophomore LP, Ruthless (set to drop June 30th).
Written by richard on 06/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.