On November 18 of ‘08, DJ Khaled protégé and South Florida native Ace Hood released his debut album, Gutta. At last report, that album has only sold 90,000 copies after four months on the charts; though some might see that as motivation to retire, Ace has learned from his mistakes and plans to take take a no-holds-barred approach on his sophomore album, Ruthless. The first buzz single sees him comparing the hip-hop game to a sport; determined to win at all costs, Ace is working Overtime to make sure he gets to the top and doesn’t see a repeat of his debut’s disappointing sales. Konvict Muzik‘s twin towers, Akon and T-Pain, bring their skills to the powerful hook and the semi-exhausted bridge, but The Runners’ epic-sounding beat is the most inspired element of Overtime—sports stadium/arena anthem, anyone? Though Ruthless has yet to receive a solid release date, We the Best/Def Jam are aiming for a late summer drop date; keep it locked to the DJBooth for more news and info.
Written by Burmy on 03/31/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.