On hit street single Bugatti, released to positive Booth reviews back in January, Ace Hood described the exhilarating feeling of waking up behind the wheel of one of the most coveted vehicles in the world. Since first hearing the cut, I’ve been sleeping with a Matchbox car under my pillow in hopes of replicating the phenomenon, but no dice—guess it only happens to heavyweight hip-hop artists. For the record’s official remix, Hood enlists a few fellow Bugatti owners to spit about their rides and their bulging bankrolls over Mike WiLL‘s trunk-rattling trap instrumental: Wiz Khalifa, T.I., Meek Mill, French Montana, 2 Chainz and Birdman deliver high-rolling guest bars (replacing original feature Rick Ross), and DJ Khaled laces the cut with a few of his trademark ad-libs. Future’s hook vocals are retained from the original. For the album version of this trunk-rattling selection and much more, check out Hood’s Trials and Tribulations LP when it hits record stores and online retailers this summer.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.