Though Ace Hood is best known for his bottomless well of motivation and uncompromising work ethic, the Panhandle State native does, on occasion, take his mind off the grind to enjoy some quality time with a special woman. About…once every year-and-a-half or so, judging by the time that’s elapsed between 2010’s Bed Room Music and new single Body 2 Body. On this sultry selection, a bubbly synth-handclap beat by the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League sets the proper mood as the freestyle series alumnus showcases his pillow-talk skills. In keeping with my tradition of quoting the most awkward line in any bedroom burner, I humbly nominate: “Are those your real eyes? / Can tell you’re partially Asian.” (The “Kentucky Derby” reference was a close second.) Chris Brown assists on the guest tip, lending his peerlessly smooth vocal stylings to the chorus as well as contributing a guest verse. So, readers, has this seductive single left you weak in the knees? Then you won’t want to miss Ace Hood’s junior set, Blood, Sweat, Tears, when it arrives on store shelves August 9.
Written by richard on 07/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.